[thelist] need references on good web design and usability

Sarah Adams mrsanders at designshift.com
Mon Dec 5 09:23:39 CST 2005

I have an acquaintance who has been making some changes to her web site
recently - changes for the (much, much) worse. Basically, she's using
Word to layout the site, then saving it as HTML. The site looks
horrible, doesn't even come close to validating, etc, etc. I'm not so
invested in the problem that I would offer to redesign the site for her,
but I would like to point her in the direction of some good online
resources to help her improve her site.

I'm going to point her to the HTML and CSS tutorials at www.htmldog.com,
cause I think they look pretty good. Now what I really need are some
basic articles/tutorials on good web design and usability. Everything I
have bookmarked is for a more advanced developer - any suggestions for
something basic, and "short, sweet, and to-the-point"?

--
sarah adams
web developer & programmer