[thelist] Sending a POST Request by XML using ASP

Manektala, Udit Udit.Manektala at pioneer.com
Mon Dec 5 11:00:37 CST 2005

I have an ASP application where im constructing and sending an XML file
full of records to another application ( A J2EE Web App) which in turn
validates it and sends me back another XML. The problem im facing is
that till now, this XML was being sent in the form of a GET QueryString,
which is not the best way to do it since the XML can get pretty big. Now
I wanna send it through POST but cant figure out a way to do it on the
ASP end ( I know how to receive the POST Data at the J2EE App End). If
anyonce can guide me as to how to do it or direct me to a ressource that
would be great.

'Construct the XML
 strXML=" <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"
?><records>....<records>
'Define the server its hitting
 servers(0)="http://server:8080/J2EEWebApp"
'Load the Server URL with the XML as a querystring
  Dim xmlDoc
  set xmlDoc = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
  xmlDoc.Load(servers(0) &
"?user=fst_fst&password=fst at request&validate=EST&xml=" & strXML

transfers of data to third parties.