[thelist] Sending a POST Request by XML using ASP

Chris at globet.com Chris at globet.com
Tue Dec 6 03:21:51 CST 2005

Udit

[..]

> best way to do it since the XML can get pretty big. Now I
> wanna send it through POST but cant figure out a way to do it
> on the ASP end ( I know how to receive the POST Data at the
> J2EE App End). If anyonce can guide me as to how to do it or
> direct me to a ressource that would be great.

You can use the ServerXMLHTTP object, as long as you have the relevant
version of MSXML installed - we are using 4.0. The following links will
give you some information and some examples respectively:

<http://windowssdk.msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/e
n-us/xmlsdk/html/97884cf6-5fdf-4b1f-8273-73c0e098b8f3.asp>

<http://windowssdk.msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/e
n-us/xmlsdk/html/e5c17f89-0197-496c-9164-ce0bbbd8490f.asp>

The examples use JScript, but even if you're using VBScript you should
be able to figure out how to convert them fairly easily.

HTH

Chris Marsh
Web Developer
http://www.globet.com/
Tel: +44 20 8246 4804 Ext 828
Fax: +44 20 8246 4808

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not
necessarily the Company. This message is intended for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information that is confidential and privileged and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not
If you have received this communication in error, please contact the
sender immediately and delete it from your system.