[thelist] ASP.NET: How to do paging? (long version)

Casey aspnet at thecrookstons.com
Tue Dec 6 09:16:12 CST 2005

>>         b) just call BuildPagingLinks at the very end of the
>> <script runat=server> after everything else was done.  But, I
>> cou'd not figure out how to do this, either from the books or
>> from Google.  Thus my second post.
>> (asp:net Call a sub from within <script>)
>

> You could override the page's OnPreRender() function, and call your
> BuildPagingLinks() function from there instead?
>

>      Protected Overrides Sub OnPreRender(e As EventArgs)
>         BuildPagingLinks(ViewState("totalPages"))
>
>         MyBase.OnPreRender(e)
>      End Sub

Jason,

Thank you for responding!!!  I was loosing hope.  I must admit what you are
suggesting is new to me, but I will look it up and learn about.  But just so
that I am understanding - this will execute the BuildPagingLinks sub after
page_load and after all other subs and functions are fired?

Casey