[thelist] CSS and Firefox

Kirill Voronin k.voronin at e3internet.com
Wed Dec 7 06:13:33 CST 2005

Hi, Adrian!

I think you need some hacks for Mozilla browser in your situation.

There is a bit addition to css code which is interpreted only by Internet
Explorer or Mozilla, or Opera for example.

For example,

The style below is interpreted only by Internet Explorer browser:

*html .example_class{
	margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
}

The style below is interpreted by Mozilla browser:

.example_class{
	margin: 10px 0px 0px 25px;
}

If you add "*html" before a classname it is interpreted be IE.

I have this code in my css. The first part of this code is interpreted by
IE, the second part - by Mozilla.

*html #mini_basic {
  	 margin-left: 260px;
	 margin-top: 0px;
}

#mini_basic {
  	 margin-left: 255px;
	 margin-top: -7px;
}

You could find more information about css-hacks:
http://chrispoole.com/tutorials/css/hacks/

http://centricle.com/ref/css/filters/

Hope that helps.

Kirill,