[thelist] Opening MS word document by Javascript . Getting error :Automation server can not create object

Samaresh Paul samareshpl at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 07:26:07 CST 2005

Hi ,
  I'm trying to open MS word document by Javascript using IE  browser .
  The code segment

    var objWord = new ActiveXObject("Word.Application");
  var Doc=new ActiveXObject("Word.Document");
  Doc.Visible = true;
  Doc=WApp.Documents.Add("c:\\SFDemoSpec&Doc\\test.dot", true);

  This is giving me

  Automation server can not create object at line no 1 as well as 2 .
  Can u pls help me in this regards ...how to do it  ? ..

  rgds
  Asit