[thelist] basic flash tutorial (for photo "slideshow")

Jono jono at charlestonwebsolutions.com
Thu Dec 8 20:49:19 CST 2005

On 12/8/05 3:47 PM, "Sarah Adams" <mrsanders at designshift.com> wrote:

> I've been asked to create a very simple flash animation for a client.
> Basically it's just going to display a bunch of photos, which should
> fade in and out to create sort of a slideshow effect, completely
> automated, no buttons or anything.

Sarah,

If you are fortunate enough to have access to Photoshop CS 2 then you are in
luck.  Open Photoshop CS 2, then do the following:

Go to File< Automate< Web Photo Gallery... Then from the Styles pull down,
select either "Flash - Gallery 1" or "Flash - Gallery 2" or choose any of
the other non-flash examples if you want.

If you don't have CS 2, it might be worth while to download the trial
version/demo from Adobe's Web site (if you have broadband) and give it a
shot.  I do not know if the trial version has this feature enabled, but I'd
be willing to bet it does.

Photoshop CS has the same function, but CS does not include any Flash
gallery options, which might be OK.

--
Jono Young
Designer | Developer | Illustrator