[thelist] Interesting maybe IIS/ASP maybe authentication erro rSOLVED, BUT WAIT.....

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Fri Dec 9 20:03:08 CST 2005

AFAIK unchecking that box shouldn't solve any problems. So, it would seem
that there was something else going wrong, but by the time it came around to
rechecking the issue, the problem has "solved" itself.

What I /would/ suggest is having a custom 500 error handling page that will
record the details of any user-code generated 500 errors. These could be
logged somewhere, or emailed to the webmaster. Then you know in realtime that
the errors are occuing, and grab the actual HTTP request details that
resulted in the 500 error.

Errors that occur in the webserver software itself can't be trapped this way,
but IIS has an ability to log these errors to the Windows event log (so you'd
need to look there for issue with IIS or http.sys)

Cheers
Ken