[thelist] ASP.NET: Finding Rows in a DataSet

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Mon Dec 12 16:53:40 CST 2005

Hi Casey,

   I can't comment on the workings of the Find method, but I think you'd do just fine using either DataTable.Select() or the RowFilter property of the DataView.

Cheers,

Peter

 From: "Casey" aspnet at thecrookstons.com

On pages 629 - 632 of ASP.NET unleashed, it describes how to find rows in a
cached datatable:

findData = dvwMyDataView.Find(var)

My question is, it seems that this searches all columns in each row for
'var'. How would we tell it to search only a certain column. It is
possible that 'var' may exist in multiple columns, and I need to know if it
only exists in one.

Thanks!

Casey