[thelist] Playing a sound on a button/image click?

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at THERMON.com
Tue Dec 13 08:47:58 CST 2005

[snip]
I'm currently working on a kiosk design project, going to be delivered as a
.Net application, so
my part of it is pretty much HTML. We need to play a simple sound on
button/image button click.
Aside from using Flash, is there a good way to do this with plain old HTML?
I know I can load a
file, for example in JS, but what I really need is *instant* feedback - a
click noise for example.
It can't wait even a tenth of a second while some sound loads. Any ideas are
appreciated!
[/snip]

Do a preload of the sounds like you do with rollover images and use an
onclick event to play the sound.