[thelist] Retrieving OLE File from Access DB with Classic ASP

Chris evolt at cubeit.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 04:20:28 CST 2005

> Why are you storing the file in the database?
I knew someone would ask and I have my excuse ready.  I chose to store both
the PDF and image in the database for ease of backup - simply download the
database.

Security is not the issue as the files are all freely available to download
from the site.  The site will hold a maximum of 70x 250kb PDFs at any one
time and will be low traffic - maybe 100 visitors per day max.

Technically I know it's not the best solution but I think it should be fine
for this site.

Can anyone advise how I would stream the file back out of the database?

Thanks.