[thelist] Retrieving OLE File from Access DB with Classic ASP

Ian Anderson ian at zstudio.co.uk
Mon Dec 19 03:39:21 CST 2005

Chris wrote:

> I'd like to be able to provide options to open the PDF in a browser window
> and to stream it to the client's browser as a 'save to' option.

You haven't said what actually happens in the browser when you try your
code.

Does it fill the screen with garbage, or give an error message?

I'm wondering about setting content-type in the header, or something
like that - the browser is expecting html or image data, but may be
receiving the raw binary data from the PDF and trying to interpret it
using its default settings.

More explanation of what is seen to be happening would surely help

Cheers

Ian

zStudio - Web development and accessibility
http://zStudio.co.uk

Snippetz.net BETA - Online code library
File, manage and re-use your code snippets online
http://snippetz.net