[thelist] Website annotation functionality

Megan Holbrook meganwh at wi.rr.com
Tue Dec 20 10:56:48 CST 2005

John Dowdell wrote:
> But when I did a web search on term "'third voice' annotation" it turned
> up some lists of other approaches, like the ones here:
> http://ncyoung.com/entry/97
>
> jd

Hi John -

Thanks for sending this. Unfortunately, it seems that most of the
websites mentioned on the site have gone belly-up as well (except for
Annotea which is related to the site I'm trying to find a replacement
for). Sigh. The effort is much appreciated, however.

Just to give a sense of what I'm trying to do with annotations:

We're designing and managing the development of a large website and
trying to work with our CMS developers in helping explain functionality
of the comps we've provided them. We have spec docs, but nothing is
quite as clear as actually marking up the work. Since we've already
developed the html, it seemed to make sense to annotate that rather than
just posting graphics with annotations.

If anyone else has suggestions, I'd be quite interested in hearing
alternatives (we've also thought about shared whiteboards, but can't
find one which allows writing on top of images, and Axure is a little
unwieldy for this, so...)

Thanks :/ M.
Megan Holbrook - megan at kapow.com
Partner - Business Development
kapow, inc. (www.kapow.com) - website design, development & consulting

Most recent website launches:
Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra (www.milwaukeesymphony.org)
Southwestern Law School (www.swlaw.edu)

kapow, inc. Milwaukee               kapow, inc. Los Angeles
2405 E. Wyoming Place               1301 Montana Ave., Suite A
Milwaukee, WI 53202                 Santa Monica, CA  90403
T: 414-273-2446 * F: 414-278-9056   T: 310.394.5276 * F: 310.394.5278