[thelist] Exact Printing of Sites (long-ish)

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at THERMON.com
Wed Dec 21 09:50:25 CST 2005

[snip]
...exact printing...
[/snip]

A couple of suggestions, print stylesheets in CSS, or making PDF's of the
site. Neither are ideal, but both have plenty of examples on the web.

As for business cases against exact printing, I am unfamiliar with any
studies on the subject...and a quick Google leads me to believe that no
study exists on the subject, but it may be part of a usability study. There
have been some holy wars over web printing, inclusing those things that
cannot be controlled programmatically...such as the headers and footers in
web browsers. Just this item alone causes great consternation as you might
think you are printing something exactly, but the output at the printer
reveals those headers and footers which may or may not be desirable.