[thelist] XMLHTTP Request Object

Manektala, Udit Udit.Manektala at pioneer.com
Wed Dec 21 15:02:10 CST 2005

Ken,
I finally got the XMLHTTP Request object to work fine right before I
read your post. First, wht I did with the XMLHTTP Object was simply to
load it synchronously, ( turn async flag false ). Any obvious
disadvantage to that ?? But anyways, my victory was short-lived because
soon after getting this working I read your post and though to myself,
that the only thing I need to change in my code would be the
ServerXMLHTTP instead of the XMLHTTP and I'd be up and going. But no,
more trouble in store. Now I get a

msxml3.dll error '80072ee2'
The operation timed out

I googled that and came up with this page being the most relevant.
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.xml/browse_thread/thread
/f26da9208b20255f/56fb6d2048e16c%2356fb6d2048e16c?sa=X&oi=groupsr&start=
0&num=2

Turns out that XMLHTTP and ServerXMLHTTP use different stuff inside
(URLMON and WinHTTP), so they don't necessarily behave the same way. Im
trying to work with my Web Mgmt. Team in trying to figure out if the
Proxy stuff mentioned in the thread pertains to us. But anyone ever have
this problem with ServerXMLHTTP request Object ??

Oh yeah and do let me know if there are any convincing reasons for using
the Async=true mode rather than the Async = false mode.

Thanks for your Help
Udit