[thelist] Exact Printing of Sites (long-ish)

Jeffery To jeffery.to at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 19:59:51 CST 2005

On 12/21/05, Jay Blanchard <jay.blanchard at thermon.com> wrote:
> As for business cases against exact printing, I am unfamiliar with any
> studies on the subject...and a quick Google leads me to believe that no
> study exists on the subject, but it may be part of a usability study. There

Going through usability studies sounds like the way to go. A quick
Google search doesn't pinpoint any particular studies at the moment
though, so no joy yet.

> have been some holy wars over web printing, inclusing those things that
> cannot be controlled programmatically...such as the headers and footers in
> web browsers. Just this item alone causes great consternation as you might

I can except not being able to control things like headers, footers
and margins, just like I can't control the menu bar, task bar or
window size on a user's screen. Though I wish I can control what's in
the content area of the page as well as how I can control what's
inside the window :-)

Thanks,
Jeff

--