[thelist] "ASP.NET Machine A..." xp acount / System Volume Information

Alex Beston alex at deltatraffic.co.uk
Wed Dec 28 16:39:08 CST 2005

28th Dec
Saint Valery,
France

Hi Evolt

I have an account on my xp box of which I know nothing.  its called
"ASP.NET Machine A..." and is a limited account. it could be something
legit but its the first ive known about it!

I dont know at the moment whether to delete it or not, since it may have
something to do with a ,net framework I installed so that i could
generate a google sitemap from a bit of excellent freeware i found when
i was back in the uk.

Currently in france, so before someone says "use google", im limited to
5 mins a day for downloading / uploading messages, so if anyone has a
moment, that would be great for a bit of computer spring cleaning before
i get back off holidays.

On a slightly related note, I cant access the "System Volume
Information" on this xp box an yet my account is as administrator.
Why is that?

So the related theme here is *perhaps* the box has been compromised, but
then me not knowing enough, it mightn't.

If nobody knows then i'll look into when i get back to the uk.

Anyway, hope everyone's having a good break

best
Alex

--

  deltatraffic.co.uk