[thelist] Include problem

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Thu Dec 29 12:28:40 CST 2005

> If I have an include in the database;
>
> <!-- include file="foo/bar.asp" -->
>
> And I get this with a query and include it my page the line
> shows up in the
> source but does not process.

Not sure I understand what you're saying, but keep in mind includes
happen before asp/vbscript parsing, so if you're including an include
via asp/db query, it'll dump in as text and not get 'included'

there are resources about writing includes in asp, many in responses to
an issue I had a couple weeks ago (which turned out to be my not include
the vbscript delimiters in my include file; d'oh!)

joel