[thelist] flash 8 illustrator cs

John Dowdell jdowdell at adobe.com
Sat Dec 31 09:48:47 CST 2005

Neal Watkins wrote:
> I just started messing with flash 8 and noticed swf's
> imported in from illustror cs dotn work too well
> (gradients rastarized etcetc)
> anybody have a fix - ?

It depends on the content. Some drawing instructions processed by
PostScript Level 3 printers (such as a gradient mesh) don't have a
direct parallel inside the clientside Macromedia Flash Player.

If you're converting to SWF inside Illustrator, then check their docs &
technotes for a guide to what converts and what doesn't. Or if you're
converting .AI files within the Macromedia Flash authoring application,
the docs & technotes will describe which features can translate.

> also if you look at step 6 the buttons shift (after
> published) depending on browser used - i have tried
> putting them on different layers but they still shift
> ( look at step 6 in IE - them firefox on the MAC)

 From the description I'm not sure what is being done, but I do know
that different browsers have had different ways of spacing and padding
around extended content... there was one IE/Mac which reacted with extra
space if it saw the OBJECT tag which only IE/Win required, for instance.

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd