[thelist] sending mail to /dev/null

Kasimir K evolt at kasimir-k.fi
Wed Jan 4 08:46:49 CST 2006

Alex Beston scribeva in 2006-01-04 13:33:
> the following criteria [1]

I think those criteria still need some thought... I'm no expert on spam
issues, but a couple comments.

> b) is not on a ip ban number (the likelyhood of a legit customer coming
> from the same ip as a spammer seems low).

What if your future customer's machine happens to be a zombie machine
for a spammer?

> c) does not conform to some arbitary rules. one) could be that there
> must be a user-agent in the header for non-subscription mail.

Gmail and Hotmail don't seem to set User-Agent header.

> three) anything with MIME data - i might have that wrong but if i havent
> subscribed why should i pay to have images / MIME data forced upon me?

Regular HTML-messages are multipart, so if you want to receive those,
but not images, then check for Content-Type: application/octet-stream

.k