[thelist] Finder's fee?

Larry Levenson Larry at SigmaWebStudios.com
Sat Jan 14 09:45:45 CST 2006

I use subcontractors *extensively*, but always retain control of the
customer and the project. I also control the budget.
This is very different from a finder's fee.

As I understand it, a finder's fee is (or is not) paid to someone who
brings you business. I pay my subcontractors for their work on a
project basis. While that makes me one major source of their income,
it does not make me a "finder" as I usually use the term.

It may be helpful to consider "finders" as "centers of influence" to
make the distinction clearer.

Larry