[thelist] System.Web.Mail Error

thelist at cjmarsh.com thelist at cjmarsh.com
Tue Jan 17 17:34:18 CST 2006

Casey

> getting this error on this line: System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(objMM).
> At least one of the From or Sender fields is required, and
> neither was
> found.

I would approach this from an analytical perspective.

Q. What is the error message telling me?
A. At least one of the From or Sender fields is required, and neither was
found.

Q. What does this mean?
A. From and Sender fields are missing.

Q. Am I setting the Sender field?
A. No.

Q. Am I setting the From field?
A. Yes.

Q. Is it likely that the From field is being set incorrectly?
A. It seems most likely at this point.

Q. How do I check to see if this is the source of the problem?
A. Use the debugger to step through the code, checking values as I go.

[..]

HTH

Regards

Chris Marsh