[thelist] Blog host allowing intro on index page?

BJ bj at kickasswebdesign.com
Wed Jan 18 12:26:16 CST 2006

"I don't know the official term for this, but I'm looking for a blog host
that allows you to have just an intro to your article, like maybe the
first paragraph, on the index page, with a link to the full article on
its own page. I just like that style better than having a series of full
posts on the index page. [snippety]Ability to write my own template, ability to
publish the pages to my own domain, and of course free or inexpensive.

WordPress allows you to show exerpts on the "homepage" with a simple
change in admin. It also meets all your other criteria, though the
templating is a fair bit more complicated. Documentation and community
forum are very good, so personally I wouldn't let that hold you back.

--
Ciao for Now,
bj

http://kickasswebdesign.com
devblog: http://kickasswebdesign.com/wordpress/
Kickass WebGeek Resources: http://kickasswebdesign.com/webgeekdir/
Automapit SiteMap Service
http://www.automapit.com/sitemap102.html

"Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)" --Linus Torvalds

---
avast! Antivirus: Outbound says I'm squeaky clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0603-3, 01/18/2006
Tested on: 1/18/2006 1:26:18 PM