[thelist] Receiving mail to one address but sending from another

Ross DeMeyere ross at demeyere.com
Wed Jan 18 13:28:29 CST 2006

On 1/14/06, Kevin Sedgley <kevin at topophilia.co.uk> wrote:

> Ah, I never realised. I thought SPF was a mechanism to let recieving mail
> servers know that you give permission for mail "from" you domain to be sent
> from other specified domains.
>
> Email I was sending from gmail was being marked as "Fradualent?" in some
> of my clients email systems, but doesn't since I changed the SPF thingy's.
>
> I think I have some reading to do!

You must be on to something. I am having issues with my mail being caught in
the spam filters.

I added 'include:gmail.com' to my SPF record in front of the '?all'. I hope
that works. From what I understand is that the include, includes the SPF
records from gmail.com (but I have been wrong before).

Ross DeMeyere
DeMeyere Design Incorporated
http://demeyere.com/