[thelist] dot net - copy project question

mahalie.23227778 at bloglines.com mahalie.23227778 at bloglines.com
Sat Jan 21 00:01:45 CST 2006

Hi all,

I have an apache web design (little bit o dev) background but am
now learning .NET because of job demands.  The curve is sharp - MS does everything
their own way and the way they explain things seems very ambiguous to me.

Anyway, I need to edit a .NET app developed in Visual Studio (2003) - I
do not want to risk screwing something up in the original files but all of
my attempts at copying the project and getting to run (before any modifications)
fails!

Can anyone point me towards very step-by-step tutorial or how-to?
 All of the beginning tutorials assume you're truly beginning and start a
fresh project, none address moving/copying a "sandbox" project and microsoft.public.dotnet.general
has some threads but none have worked.

Everything (I've found) that seems
to address my problem assumes indepth knowledge of the product and platform.
 Nothing is straight-forward!

Super frustrated and would appreciate any
ideas!

Thanks!

Mahalie
mail at mahalie dot com