[thelist] Is supressing the incorrect display of alt text in IE a good thing

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 03:21:44 CST 2006

>IE only uses the ALT attribute in the abscence of a TITLE attribute.
As you rightly point >out, the title element should be used for
controling the tooltip.  So if you want no tooltip, >you should supply
a blank title, not delete the ALT text.

Yes I think that's the way to go: a la occam's razor.
"The simplest solution to a problem is generally the best solution."

That does really make sense:
it there is a title then title will be displayed.
An empy title will supress any alt text.

...I am surprised that I was unable to see this.

Perhaps that's because I've dived too deep into the code and forgot
about the markup at all.

Thanks everyone for your participation.
I'll update my blog accordingly adding some quotes from this discussion.

Cheers,
--
Volkan Ozcelik
+>Yep! I'm blogging! : http://www.volkanozcelik.com/volkanozcelik/blog/