[thelist] Help with providing a backup to javascript solution

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 17:59:41 CST 2006

> April: Thanks for the compliment on the effect. Can't really take
> credit though, prototype & script.aculo.us do all the heavy lifting!
>
> Chris: I think I understand what you are saying about reloading to a
> new page when javascript isn't available and just show the hidden
> divs on that page, but with the way it's currently set up, I don't
> that would be possible. I'll need to recreate that hidden content in
> more "obvious" form without any JS attached to its visibility (which
> is fine) - but then my other question remains - how do I "turn off"
> the link with javascript so that that link isn't usable when
> javascript is enabled? I'll email you privately when the URL - just
> trying to keep it out of the search engines...

Ah, now that I have seen it - and Google Users (probably except China)
- it is easier to grasp:

Why don't you just put the form at the end of the document, give it an
anchor and add a normal link around the quotation mark thingy pointing
there.

When JS is available, hide the form on load (it will be below the fold
initially anyways) and do the scriptalicious magic. That way you won't
need two pages, and the real link around the image will take non - JS
users to the form.

--
Chris Heilmann
Blog: http://www.wait-till-i.com