[thelist] Google release code analysis of a lot of web sites

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Thu Jan 26 12:32:51 CST 2006

Joshua Olson wrote:

> "The button class baffles us. We can't really tell what what [sic] it is
> used for. "

Another amusing tidbit from the paragraph prior to that one on the same
page:
The rest of the top 20 classes are either presentational or otherwise
meaningless (msonormal, for example, which is one of the classes that
Microsoft Office uses in its "HTML" output).

That this apparent sarcasm appears as official content from Google got a
chuckle out of me.

An interesting article overall though, in spite of SVG weirdness!  I
wrote a [polite!] note requesting that they modify the pages per
Joshua's suggestions.  Perhaps if a few more of us do that, they'll
update the pages and learn from the experience.  I for one would love to
see Google continue using their immense data pool for the benefit of the
development of the web.

--
Max Schwanekamp
http://www.neptunewebworks.com/