[thelist] regex for highlighting search terms in coldfusion

Sarah Adams sarah at designshift.com
Fri Jan 27 14:06:01 CST 2006

> Solving this riddle involves having a really good regex for tags.
> Thankfully, I've got just the nugget for you:
>
> http://concepts.waetech.com/replace_inner_text/

Joshua, you just made my day - thank you!

Now, I don't suppose you know how to make it maintain the case of terms
when they are replaced? For example, if I run the string "My name is
Sarah" through the highlighting function, with "sarah" as my search
term, how do I keep it from replacing "Sarah" with "sarah"?

--
sarah adams
blog: http://hardedge.ca