[thelist] Networking new PC w/ old Mac

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 20:24:34 CST 2006

On 1/27/06, busilade at netzero.net <busilade at netzero.net> wrote:

> Your Question:
> OK, so I just got connected to the high speed world with a brand new PC.
> But my old iMac OS 9 is still connected with caveman dial-up using a
> different server. I know I could get a wireless USB port if I had all the
> same computer type, but is there any way to use my high speed server and
> connect both computers?

Hi,

I am not sure what you are asking here. Do you want to connect the Mac to
your Windows computer so you can share files or are you simply interested in
connecting the Mac to the internet?

If it is the latter, then all you need is a router. Mac OS 9 is able to use
DHCP as long as it has an ethernet port it can be hooked up the internet.
However, this will not allow the two computers to talk to one another.
Google for home networking and routers and you should find all the info you
need.

--
www.fuzzylizard.com