[thelist] Logo Contest Question

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Mon Feb 6 13:45:39 CST 2006

Is it just me, or does anyone else get the heebie jeebies when an
organization tries to establish industry-wide pricing as opposed to letting
the free market dictate prices?  :-)  The prices they "suggest" are far
outside the budget for many start-up companies.

<tip type="DHTML" author="Joshua Olson">
If you want to change the text of a span and ensure that formatting is
retained on most browsers, you may need to change both the nodeValue and
innerText properties of the span.  For example:

var span = document.getElementById('myspan');
span.childNodes[0].nodeValue = 'new text';
span.innerText = 'new text';

Before you run that code, however, make sure the span has a child text node.
To do this, ensure the span element has some sort of text--even if it's a
space.
</tip>

Joshua L. Olson
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/
Phone: 706.210.0168
Fax: 413.812.4864

Monitor bandwidth usage on IIS6 in real-time:
http://www.waetech.com/services/iisbm/