[thelist] Logo Contest Question

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Tue Feb 7 14:11:36 CST 2006

> $6,000 for a logo that can end up taking 2 months to develop? In this
> light, it truly is not unreasonable.

No, but for many small businesses, it's just not feasible. There's no
way, now or ever, I'll be able to afford half that to have a logo
package designed. And in some cases it's totally unnecessary - a friend
has run his real estate business successfully for 20 years entirely on
word of mouth referrals. I don't think at any point it would have made a
difference to him to have a 'professional' logo.

For a business with startup capital and loftier goals, paying a
professional is the right choice.

Just like we always recommend a professional web developer, rather than
a kid with FrontPage. Right?

spinhead