[thelist] [Javascript] book recommendation / reference

Todd Stadler tstadler at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 18:14:37 CST 2006

Hello,

On 2/8/06, Tim Burgan <email at timburgan.com> wrote:
> Can you recommend a book that is really good for the DOM?

Usually, I'm an O'Reilly book kind of guy, but I couldn't wait for
them to come out with a book that deals with the kind of questions
you're asking.

I've been pretty happy with Javascript Bible (5th Edition) by Danny
Goodman and Michael Morrison (ISBN: 0-7645-5743-2), if only because it
does a good job with the DOM. But then, I don't read the book so much
as consult it for the name of this or that function, etc.

Still, the book comes with a CD-ROM that, in addition to lots of
example scripts, also contains a PDF of the entire book, with bonus
chapters. The ability to pop the PDF on my computer and generally
ignore the paper book has been great for me.

Todd Stadler, tstadler at gmail.com
"You try to warn them that the world's gone mad, but they won't listen
to you" -Snoopy