[thelist] Coding Javascript to Standards

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Thu Feb 9 09:30:28 CST 2006

I was wondering why rememberthemilk.com works *slow* slowly in Firefox
since I upgraded to 1.5. I just realized today that it's actually the
FireBug extension. Some of rtm's pages (or operations) generate over
2000 errors according to FireBug--the slowness I see is FireBug
generating a list of these errors apparently.

rtm seems to work just fine for me, but it appears that the JS is
riddled with errors. Most of these 'errors' I presume are the type that
'should' be corrected, but will work anyway--the system does work. I
know that

onload=function() { }

works yet generates an error in FireBug. This shows no error in FireBug:

window.onload=function() { }

and certainly seems to be more correct. Both will work in all modern
browsers I have tested however.

I'm sure someone will have his comment to add to this. :)

Hershel