[thelist] (ASP.NET) Custom Classes

Tab Alleman talleman at Lumpsum.com
Wed Feb 15 08:58:49 CST 2006

I've created a custom class in VB.NET that inherits the WebControl.DropDownList.  I am using Visual Studio.NET, so I believe it automatically compiles this into an assembly which is [MyProjectName].dll.  I put the class in a NameSpace called "CustomControls" because I'm original like that.  I named the class "cls_ddlPhoneType".

I include this line in my ASP page:

<%@ Register TagPrefix="TAB" Namespace="CustomControls" Assembly="[MyProjectName]" %>

And then in the page, I instantiate my class thus:

<TAB:cls_ddlPhoneType id="ucPhoneType" runat="server"></CustomClasses:cls_ddlPhoneType>

When I execute the page, I get this:

Parser Error Message: Could not load type CustomControls.cls_ddlPhoneType from assembly [MyProjectName], Version=1.0.2229.18465, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.

--any ideas?

PS:  in this email, I've replaced the actual project name with the token [MyProjectName]; it doesn't really say that.