[thelist] Municipal CMS Systems

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Wed Feb 15 13:29:09 CST 2006

Norman Bunn wrote:
> A city of 10,000 is asking me to develop their second generation web
> site and I am looking for anyone's experience with open source CMS tools
> to meet this need.  Like most of us, I do not have the time to look at
> every single CMS out there and fully test it to see what best fits, so I
> am looking to the Evolters for help.  What experiences do you have to share?

Just this:

I've done four of five sites now for various things
which operate under local parts of *.gov.uk

Drupal's a nice platform to work with.  It does a
huge bunch of normal CMS stuff to begin with, and
it provides a static module API to enable any other
functionality you can think of.

Modules are placed in the right location and enabled.
No changes to the CMS itself are required.

jh