[thelist] PDF's: To New Window or Not To New Window. This is thy Question

Ian Anderson ian at zstudio.co.uk
Thu Feb 16 10:40:41 CST 2006

Rob Smith wrote:

> What's your experience on this topic?

  I agree that personally I prefer it. If other media types like PDF or
Word open in the main window, too often I lose the whole browser session
when I close what appears to me to be a window from another application.

I was interested to read that I was not the only one:

http://www.useit.com/alertbox/open_new_windows.html

So perhaps your chap will be impressed that Jakob N. agrees with you
that this is the best way to do it

Cheers

Ian

zStudio - Web development and accessibility
http://zStudio.co.uk

Snippetz.net - Online code library
File, manage and re-use your code snippets & links
http://snippetz.net