[thelist] AJAX graceful degradation (was: AJAX on Safari)

Jan Brasna discuss at alphanumeric.cz
Fri Feb 17 14:07:59 CST 2006

>>> How do you handle it when one of your audience members is using such a
>>> browser?
>> Graceful degradation.
> That's the label; I'm curious about the implementation.

Have it fully functional without this technology and then add the
topping. It's called Hijax.

<http://ajaxian.com/archives/hijax-graceful-degration>

> Do you keep a whitelist/blacklist/greylist scheme

Oh no, please, no sniffing ;) It's so yesterday... You should have some
internal profile of support (like the chaps at Y! do have
http://developer.yahoo.net/yui/articles/gbs/gbs.html) but you won't need
any "active" defense. Degradation and fallbacks rule.

--
Jan Brasna :: www.alphanumeric.cz | www.janbrasna.com | www.wdnews.net