[thelist] [JavaScript] Event question for you event experts

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 20 14:50:43 CST 2006

--- Matt Warden <mwarden at gmail.com> wrote:
> Using this function may be simpler for you than trying to download and
> set up the entire Yahoo library (although if you see uses for its
> other functionaly, it's a great library and I would highly recommend
> it).

Well, yours worked perfectly, I must say. :) All I did was

addBodyOnload(removeTipImage);
addBodyOnload(addFocusControls);
addBodyOnload(isErrors);
addBodyOnload(addFeedback);

And they all worked. I'm trying to play with the Yahoo! lib, and it's rougher going for sure.
Maybe it's the same deal though - when I first tried yours, I tried to do

addObjectEventListener('myObjID', 'load', funct);

and it didn't work. For the yahoo one, I'm doing

function fnCallback(e) { alert("loaded"); }
YAHOO.util.Event.addListener("address2", "load", fnCallback);

And I get absolutely nothing. It works for click - but not load.

Thanks for your script - it will definitely work for me. I would like to get the yahoo one running
too and see what applies to us better. I feel like if I understood why it works for click and not
load, I'd have a better handle on things.

Tom

http://www.pixelmech.com/
http://www.crossandthrone.com/

Professor Rumford: 'But I still don't understand about hyperspace.'
The Doctor: 'Well, who does?'
K9: 'I do.'
Doctor: 'Shut up, K9!'