[thelist] Which design is Better?

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 00:36:46 CST 2006

On 2/20/06, Rachell Coe <rachell at rachellcoe.com> wrote:

> I'm not crazy about my current design at www.4thegrapes.com. What do you
> think of this design at http://www.4thegrapes.com/design11.htm as a
> replacement? (the grayed area would be replaced with a picture)

I definitely prefer the second one as it has more impact. The solid purple
background in the first version makes for a very blah page. I do agree that
the blocks of colour overshadow the logo, however, this may change as you
put text into those blocks. Some white text may break them up enough.
Another idea is to tone down the colour, i.e., reduce the transparency of
the blocks on top of the white (in photoshop or fireworks).

It would be nice to see a more fleshed out design as it is always hard to
judge the full impact without text.

It is definitely an improvement and is definitely more dynamic feeling. At
least I think so.

Chris

--
www.fuzzylizard.com