[thelist] Wordpress as non-blog tool.

Bernardo Escalona-Espinosa escalonab at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 11:39:02 CST 2006

Hello list!

I am going to set up a new site for a somewhat computer-illiterate
person. She will manage the content herself, so I am looking at what
content manager to install. I was considering Wordpress since it seems
to be the "in" thing now :) No, actually I am just really curious and
would like to try it out.

The page will be a home to this person's publishing and research work.
So it will have "news" on the front page once in a while, but not a
blog per se. Most of the pages will be static.

I basically just want to get some oppinions from people who have used
Wordpress from a similar perspective. Thanks!