[thelist] looking for good php auth/perm class

sbeam sbeam at onsetcorps.net
Wed Feb 22 16:59:32 CST 2006

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 09:43 am, Andrew Kamm wrote:

> > Does anyone know of any quality PHP classes/frameworks that
specialize
> > in session-based authentication, permissions management, etc.?
>
> I second the recommendation for Pear::Auth. It's easy to implement if
you
> just want something very simple, but I've also been able to use it in
more
> complex situations, including managing multiple areas that require
separate
> authorization. Since it's actually a Pear package, you can feel pretty
> comfortable with the stability/quality.

thanks guys. Somehow I missed PEAR::Auth. It looks like we will still
have to build the permissions container and some other stuff. But the
flexibility to do that is what I'm looking for. Ever have to try to
unify user authentication across several types of PHP
packages/applications, all by different authors? always fun. Would be
nice if there was some sort of standard for that <cough>

--

# S Beam - Web App Dev Servs
# http://www.onsetcorps.net/