[thelist] Managing static content with multiple content-owners

Paul Bennett Paul.Bennett at wcc.govt.nz
Thu Feb 23 16:18:39 CST 2006

Ugh, sorry for the vague subject line.

Basically we have a site with around 1Gb of static content (no we can't just move to a CMS, so don't go there).

I'm in the process of getting CVS (Subversion actually) running for source-code control.

Unfortunately this means we lose the ability that a third party provider gives us to have automated email reminders sent out to the  'content-owners' of pages - to ensure that the content stays correct and current.

Does anyone know of any software (paid is fine, it's not my money :) ) that could manage a whole bunch of static content and the sending out of 'update your page' reminders?

Can anyone think of a simple solution that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,
Paul