[thelist] a CSS Question

Rick den Haan rick.denhaan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 06:17:02 CST 2006

Casey,

I've had some success with the following (although it doesn't always work):

a.dropLinks:hover {
text-decoration: underline;
color: #000066;
}

a.dropLinks:hover .border {
background-color: #ffffff;
}

.border {
background-color: #eaeaea;
}

This does mean that the element with class ".border" has to be nested in the
<a> element that'll be hovered over; e.g. <a href="#">This is a <span
class="border">bordered</span> link</a>. If that's not an option, I'm afraid
I have to agree with ben and advise some JavaScript...

HTH,
Rick.