[thelist] The Site's up -- What do you think?

Rob Smith rob.smith at lexjet.com
Tue Feb 28 08:23:57 CST 2006

<snip>
I'd also be very careful about pricing information. Many a time I had
£200 in my head and got £1500 after asking the client to come up with
an offer.
</snip>

I have to second this. I've learned the hard way not to give out consultant type pricing information. It's fine to give host pricing information just because it's a price war niche. You will lose every time if you give your consultant prices first; let the clients decide. If it's too much, celebrate. If it's too little, then say that that price will cover X number of Y total features "you" wanted. Would you like to roll this project out in phases? You get the idea.

Rob Smith
LexJet
rob.smith at lexjet.com
http://www.lexjet.com