[thelist] Live support script?

Flavia Tarzwell (FayeC) ftarzwell at fayec.com
Thu Mar 2 16:37:01 CST 2006

One of my clients sent me the following request:
"a single chat support that would be on our main webpage that anyone can
log in from any location,our main location in Mississauga will be the
one answering the questions. We would answer mostly general questions
regarding our services just like we do on the phone. We would like to
show the hours we'd be available for chat support and to be notified
like msn when someone is on the line, also, if there's a way that Tina
can do this from her home computer. Is there also a way the person can
register first before login to our chat support line (to avoid misusers)."
Their site is currently using a PHP CMS and I have found chat modules
for it but the issue is the notification part.
Can anybody recommend a PHP solution that has a notification like MSN
(the popup saying so and so is online) ?

Thanks in advance,

FayeC