[thelist] Telecommuting or Remote Web Development?

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Fri Mar 3 15:29:41 CST 2006

My current (day job) employer is a giant insurance company.  Our team members are allowed to work remotely at times (usually when they need to be out for some reason), but they are required to use a company laptop.

 From: "Canfield, Joel" JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org

> I'm curious to know if anyone has had any experience or seen any
> movement in the area of hiring workers who work remotely,
> especially for
> web design/development of their web sites or portals.

I'm seeing the opposite. My real job could be done completely, and
better, from home. But, upper management (not my immediate management)
wants to see a body here in front of a computer.

spinhead