[thelist] Telecommuting or Remote Web Development?

Scott Dexter dexilalolai at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 3 15:48:34 CST 2006

I work for a large (Fortune500) mortgage transaction services company, and we have around 130ish in the IT dept (not including contractors). I think we're a little progressive; working from home is okay and they're fairly agreeable to it. We do some offshore outsourcing too. I've been 100% remote since I moved back in October, and my initial fears about playing outside the corporate culture have been assuaged since (a raise and noticable increase in productivity helps). It's something that comes up in the interview, but I'm pretty sure we wouldn't hire someone outright as remote-only (other than offshore folks, and even then we have their liasons in the office)...

sgd