[thelist] ITCN Forum and Microsoft SQL Server db conversions?

Flavia Tarzwell (FayeC) ftarzwell at fayec.com
Sat Mar 4 21:38:13 CST 2006

A client of mine has an ITCN Forum on her site. It was set up by the
hosting company.
SHe is not very happy with the Forum since it is not very easy to
customize and it's not something she can take with her if she changes
hosting companies.
It seems that you need access to the server to be able to install it and
some folders necessary for the Forum to work are not accessible through
normal ftp access.
My question is: what can I do to move this forum to a new host (client's
request) without losing all the threads and users already registered?
I think I could do a backup of the db but that doesn't mean anything
unless I can reinstall the forum in the new webspace which I am not sure
can be done.
Has anybody done such a thing? I mean moving from one forum to another
without losing all the data already stored in the db?

Thanks in advance for any tips on this matter,

FayeC