[thelist] DTS Task

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Mon Mar 6 08:26:02 CST 2006

Rob,

I'm happy to say that this can be done.  Within the DTS steps you will have
access to ActiveX objects and command line calls.  So, you're solution may
be as easy as calling wget [0][1] from the command line and then copying the
results to the proper folder.  Or, you may be able to do something fancier
by evoking WinHTTP through ActiveX and then handling the response within a
VBScript block within the DTS.  Beyond that, I'm not going to provide
detailed instructions, but hopefully this will get you going in the right
direction.

[0] http://www.interlog.com/~tcharron/wgetwin.html (older)
[1] http://users.ugent.be/~bpuype/wget/ (newer)

Joshua L. Olson
WAE Technolgies, Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/
Phone: 706.210.0168
Fax: 413.812.4864

Monitor bandwidth usage on IIS6 in real-time:
http://www.waetech.com/services/iisbm/